How to examine your baby?
- Your baby will be weighed and measured for length and head circumference
- Your doctor may check your baby’s eyesight and hearing
- Your doctor will discuss health concerns, as well as developmental milestones
- She will probably ask about feeding and sleeping, too
- Your baby may get her second round of immunization; Consult your doctor about the one which she should receive at this age
- Your doctor can discuss common concerns, like germs, colds and other illnesses, bedtime routines, as well as childcare considerations
- Your doctor may ask about any concerns you have since your last appointment
How to check your baby’s growth?
At 4 months, babies usually range from 59 cms long and 5.7 kgs (10th percentile) to 65 cms long and 7.8 kgs (90th percentile).
What to ask the doctor?
- physical growth and coordination
- speech and language
- emotional state
- day care
What answers is the doctor looking for?
- How is your baby sleeping?
- How is your baby eating? How much per day?
- Describe your baby’s bowel movements (colour, form, number per day).
Keep these points in mind while you make your visit. These will help you make the most of the appointment. And also help you maintain a happy and healthy baby.