How to examine your baby?
- Your baby will be weighed and measured for length and head circumference
- Your doctor may check your baby’s eyesight and hearing
- Your doctor will discuss health concerns, as well as developmental milestones
- She will probably ask about feeding and sleeping, too
- Your baby will get her first round of immunizations; ask your doctor about the one that she should receive at this age
- You may discuss any questions regarding breastfeeding or transitioning back to work
- Your doctor may ask about any concerns you have since your last appointment
How to check your baby’s growth?
At 2 months babies usually range from 52 cms long and 3.9 kgs (10th percentile) to 57.5 cms long and 5.7 kgs (90th percentile).
What to ask the doctor?
- physical growth and coordination
- speech and language
- emotional state
- day care
What answers is the doctor looking for?
- How is your baby sleeping?
- How is your baby eating? How much per day?
- Describe your baby’s bowel movements (colour, form, number per day).
Keep these points in mind to make the most of the visit to your doctor. And help your baby be healthy and happy.