You may be scared or nervous to try kangaroo care because of the small size of your baby. Don’t worry. Your baby knows your scent, touch and breathing and will in fact enjoy the feeling of closeness with you.
Benefits of the Kangaroo Method
Kangaroo care offers many benefits to you and your baby.
- The skin-to-skin contact helps your baby maintain his
or her body warmth and regulates his or her heart and breathing rates.
- The contact enables your baby to spend more time in deep sleep and provides a quiet environment that makes him or her cry less.
- The kangaroo method improves your breast milk production enabling satisfactory breastfeeding.
- It instills a sense of confidence in you by providing intimate care which helps in improving your baby’s health and well being.
- It gives you an inner feeling of happiness and satisfaction as you are providing something special which no one else can give. For some of you the
feeling that you have become a parent can come only by now.
Look forward to kangaroo care! It is a precious way to be really close to your baby.