Gross motor skills refer to the development of large muscles in the legs and arms, which your kid uses to sit or stand.
Between 6 and 8 Months of age, your baby can sit:
- Without support
- In a high chair, which have got a straight back
- On the floor with lower back support
Other Motor Developmental Milestones that your Baby Might Achieve by this Age Include
- Rolling over from front to back or back to front. Sometimes, your baby can even crawl backward before moving forward
- Picking up dropped objects
- Trying to stand by putting weight on the legs and might bounce
Taking a print out of (or noting down) these milestones to your child’s doctor and discussing with him or her about the milestones that your child has reached might be helpful. You can also discuss with your doctor on what to expect next.