Following are the mental or cognitive developmental milestones that your baby achieves between 6 and 8 months of age:
- Shows curiosity about things.
- Tries to get things that are out of his or her’s reach or looks around at things nearby.
- Brings things to his or her mouth.
- Exhibits some feelings like fear. Begins to fear strangers.
- Can realize that if an object is dropped, it needs to be picked up, otherwise it will be still there.
- Can recognise his or her parents.
- Imitates actions or simple things and anticipates repetition.
Knowing and recognising these milestones or stages will help you to do activities on your own to promote your baby’s mental development.