This fold is similar to the fold of a disposable diaper.
If you need to pin your baby’s diaper, use oversize pins with plastic safety heads. To prevent pricking your baby, keep your hand between the pin and his or her skin while pinning.
- First fold the diaper into a rectangle.
- You may make an extra fold in the diaper if you wish. The extra bit will cover the area the baby wets the most. The wet areas are in the front for a boy and on the bottom for a girl.
- Next position the diaper under your baby, keeping the long sides in the same direction as your baby.
- Bring the bottom portion up onto your baby’s tummy.
- Bring one side around and pin it up. Repeat the same for the other side.
- Spread the diaper into a square.
- Fold the outer sides so that a point is formed at the bottom.
- Fold the top portion down like an envelope lid and bring the bottom part up.
- Place a liner on the top of the diaper.
- Place your baby on the diaper. Bring the center of the diaper between your baby’s legs and the corners to the front. Use pins to hold the diaper in place.
Terry Diaper Fold
- Spread the diaper out into a square.
- Fold the diaper in half and then fold it in half again.
- Pull the unfolded corner out to form a triangle and then turn the diaper over.
- Fold the outer edge of the diaper into the middle section. Repeat to form a pad.
- Place a diaper liner on the top of the diaper.
- Place your baby on the folded diaper. First bring the central pad between your baby’s legs and then bring the corners to the front. Hold the diaper in place with pins.
Try different diaper folds to know what works best for your baby and ensure maximum diaper hygiene for your baby.