Types of Health Records
Health record can be of various types such as:
- Consultation notes
- Hospital admission records
- Hospital discharge records, including the results of treatment, follow-up appointments or care required
- Test results
You can either create a written record or type it or scan your child’s file to have a computer-based record.
The health record of your child could consist the following:
Sometimes, swelling or breathing difficulties could be related to allergies. Referring to these records may help doctors diagnose correctly.
- Allergies: Note down all known allergies that your child suffers from such as:
- Insect stings and bites
- Foods and latex
- Medications: Keep records of medications including dosages schedules that your child currently takes. Some medicines react badly when mixed with another medication. The checklist will help doctor administer the correct medicine.
- Pre-existing Conditions: Note down any health problems or illnesses your child may have such as diabetes, asthma, etc. In times of emergency tests administered for a diabetic is different from a non-diabetic.
- Vaccination Schedule: Keep an up-to-date record of your child’s vaccination schedule .Make sure that you include information about any reactions to an immunisation.
- Also, keep a track of your child’s current height and weight. This can help doctors to calculate dosages of any medication quickly.
- In case, your child is hospitalised, note down the reason, the dates of hospitalisation as well as the treatments received.