You must spend more calories than you consume to lose weight, and the best way to do it is to choose exercises that you can have fun with.
How to squeeze time for exercise?
You might be thinking what to do with your baby while you exercise. Have your husband or a family member/ a caregiver watch the baby for 30 minutes or so. If you are a stay at home mommy exercising before your husband leaves for work is also a good idea. Exercising while your baby is sleeping is also another good option.
Here are some ways to burn that weight away:
Start Slowly: When your doctor gives you green signal for exercise, start by including moderate exercises of up to 30–45 min/day in your daily routine.
- Swimming is a good buoyant and refreshing exercise.
You can break out your work out time throughout the day if you cannot find time all at once.
Increase Intensity Gradually: To reach back your pre-pregnancy weight, you would need to increase the time of exercise to up to 30 to 50 minutes most days of the week or participate in more intense activities.
Some moderate-intensity aerobic exercises include:
- Brisk walking
- Moderate intensity aerobics
- Light dancing
Some vigorous-intensity activities you can engage in are:
- Running, jogging or speed walking: Run out in the open or on the treadmill. Increase and decrease the inclination alternately and gradually to stretch yourself a bit
- Aerobic dancing
- Cycling faster than 16 km/hour
- Games you love: Play games like badminton, tennis or other fast-moving games, which give you good cardio workout
Do It with Love: Keep a smile on your face while exercising. Remind yourself how good you felt last time you exercised, the day you do not feel like working out. Learn to take on the challenges and issues of weight loss.
With your continued dedication, you are not too far from your goal.