How to deal with new mom’s fatigue?
- Get help from your mother or mom-in-law or appoint a housemaid who can manage your household chores.
- Get enough sleep, make sure you take naps when your baby is sleeping. Even a sound 30-minute nap can refresh you. Everything else can wait. Ask your husband to look after the baby for some time at night so that you can grab some extra sleep.
Don’t feel guilty if you enjoy something away from your little one once in a while.
If you take care of yourself, you’ll be able to look after your baby better and enjoy your bundle of joy.
Drink plenty of fluids, if you have chosen to breastfeed your little one, it can leave you drained.
- Healthy breakfast and nutritious meals in small intervals can help you remain charged throughout the day. Restrict your sugary food and cold drinks
- Gentle massage can relieve your body ache and relax your mind and body.
- Avoid doing stressful jobs for first few weeks – you are already working 24x7.
- Accept help from friends, relatives and go for a walk, listen to music, and relax with a cup of tea while reading your favourite magazine.
Your family can help you by doing small chores independently.
- You must remember that this a temporary phase and you’ll soon get used new routine.