Take special efforts to bond with your baby to make him or her feel secure and confident.
Here are Ways to Strengthen the Bond Between
You and your Baby:
- Talk to your toddler while doing simple routine things like giving bath, massaging, and dressing up the baby.
- Spend at least one hour quality time with your child every day - away from TV, phones and other routine work.
- Go for regular outings in the children’s park , take the little one to nearby market.
- Play imitation games to unwind and bond with the child.
- Listen attentively to your baby. Respond to your baby’s curiosities and queries with patience and promptness.
- Appreciate little efforts like scribbling, colouring, or helping you with small tasks.
This will help build your baby’s confidence.
- Never scold your baby in front of anyone as your baby can feel humiliated. Such behaviours can deter the trust child places in you.
- Play imaginary or pretend games with your baby.
- Narrate bedtime stories and cuddle often with you baby.
- Ensure to make an eye contact with your child when you talk to her. It will make her feel important while conveying your message more effectively.
- A mother’s soothing touch comforts a child unfailingly.
- When your little one falls or is hurt, make sure to hug & pacify her, this reassures the baby that mom is always there to help around in difficulties times.
A little help from your family members not only makes baby care easy but also build a family bond.